Mountain climbing is a sport which is suitable for those who are always looking for activities containing a lot of adrenaline rush. Although this sport is for everyone a mountain climber has to be patient, mentally and physically strong and have to be well-trained. Climbing the mountains can give a rest in the daily life dilemmas and the stunning views of the hills will make the memories and experience of your lifetime. Mountain climbing can completely change one’s life as it helps in developing the character of a person by teaching a person to conquer his/her fears. For those of you who are planning to have this extraordinary adventure here are some tips:
• Destination- You can either go for a major climb or a minor climb. When a complete climb can be achieved in a day devoid of any exceptional effort and which takes within five hours to reach the summit from the point of start of the hiking, which is known as a minor climb. And the climb which takes days to complete and a where lots of physical effort is required, is known as the significant climb. You can decide which one to go for according to your capacity and experience. Additionally, you can think about the locality, availability of drinkable sources of water, view from the mountains etc when choosing the destination.
• Place to Stay- You can decide to stay in the regional resorts or camp on the spot if it’s possible and if you discover a suitable place.
• Equipments- As a beginner all you need is a good pair of hiking shoes, pants and jackets which are water-proof and which dries out quickly, and your trusty rucksack. The amount of things to take will eventually increase as you will get more experiences. If you’re planning for a major climb then you may imagine bringing a lightweight tent. Aside from these, essentials like food and water can also be carried.
• Personal Health- The proper training and preparation physically are crucial before beginning mountain climbing. You can also train to make yourself accustomed to the heavy load you will need to carry on the mountains.
• Climbing Partners- A guide must basically be hired and you can also team up with mountain climbers that are experienced. This could help in avoiding the risks involved with climbing alone that should never be done.